ARLINGTON, MA – The annual Cause+Event 5K will be held this Sunday, May 13 and will have traffic and parking impacts. The race will start at 8 a.m. behind Arlington High School and take runners along Mass. Ave. and the Minuteman Bikeway before ending at the high school (see route below).
Residents will see the following impacts:
– Parking restrictions on Massachusetts Ave. in the westbound direction, from Mill St. to Lowell St. from approximately 5-9 a.m.
– Closure of the Minuteman bike path, from Bow St. to Mill St., 8-9 a.m.
– Southbound traffic on Mill St. (from Summer to Mass Ave) will be restricted and detoured to Mystic Street then Mass Ave from approximately 8-9:30 a.m. that day.
Additional race details are below, via the Cause+Effect 5K website:
There is no parking available behind Arlington High School due to the race set-up. Please park in one of the Arlington Town lots, Department of Public Works lot, or on a side street. We ask that you do not park on Mass Ave. heading toward Lexington as our 5K runners will need all of the space we can give them! Parking on the Cambridge-bound side of Mass Ave. is fine. Please take the time to review the best places to park.
Race Day Schedule
Sunday, May 13
7-7:30 a.m.: 5K Bib Pick-Up
7-7:15 a.m.: Kids’ Fun Run Bib Pick-Up
7:10 a.m.: Kids’ Fun Run Warm Up – high school softball field
7:30 a.m.: Kids’ Fun Run – high school softball field
7:50 a.m.: 5K Line Up – starting line on Millbrook Dr.
8 a.m.: 5K Start
8-10 a.m.: Race Expo
8-9:30 a.m.: Kids’ Activities – high school softball field, including activities by Knucklebones
Friday, May 11
3-7 p.m.: Arlington Orthodontics, 800 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington, MA 02476
Saturday, May 12
10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Arlington Orthodontics, 800 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington, MA 02476
Sunday, May 13
7-7:30 a.m.: Race Start/Finish Area Millbrook Drive (behind AHS)
- Come to the race expo to meet some of the non-profits chosen by our 5K runners and to thank our local business sponsors for supporting the race!
- Receive your Cause + Event Boston 5K medal!
- We will have food and drinks and hope you stick around to enjoy the post-race festivities!
- Stop by the Friel Estate booth for a special Mother’s Day treat and craft project for kids!
- Kids’ race registration is from 7-7:15 a.m. You must be pre-registered to participate in the race, but there are plenty of other activities for kids that are not registered.
- The kids’ race will start promptly at 7:30 am. We will run heats by age, with longer distances for older kids. Once around the bases of the softball field for the youngest kids and once around the entire softball field for the older kids.
- We offer a variety of outdoor activities for our youngest spectators on the softball field, starting at 8 a.m.
For more information on documenting sources, see Arlington Cause